- “Welcome to The Know, a Rooster Teeth channel! The Know brings you all the details on what's happening in the worlds of gaming, entertainment, technology, and science. Want to know what's happening? Want to know why it matters? We've got everything you need to stay in the know. Subscribe for daily news updates and discussion plus weekly podcasts and more!”
- — The Know's YouTube channel
The Know was Rooster Teeth's official multimedia entertainment news channel division on YouTube. The Know was created to provide subscribers with up-to-date information regarding the entertainment and technology industries. Founded and created by Ashley Jenkins and Meg Turney on June 1, 2014, it was the news division of Rooster Teeth that discussed current events in movies, TV shows, gaming, and media. It was hosted by Ashley Jenkins, formerly co-hosted by Meg Turney and a large selection of other Rooster Teeth staff from each division within the company, with regular appearances from co-anchors Mica Burton, Jon Risinger, Ryan Haywood, Gus Sorola and the Funhaus Team (primarily Adam Kovic, Lawrence Sonntag, and Bruce Greene).
It was initially a single news show hosted on Rooster Teeth's main YouTube channel before moving over to its own channel, where it's since expanded into several different categories of entertainment and tech news as well as several different shows, with the latest being Glitch Please, a successor to their earlier podcast The Patch, that was greenlit for a full series after six pilot episodes. Previously The Know had hosted Leaderboard, where Meg Turney had discussed esports news, The Patch Game Club, where the hosts of The Patch would discuss a new video game they've played each week, and Screen Play, a film and TV podcast. In late June 2016, following two years of employment, Turney announced on her vlog she was leaving Rooster Teeth in order to focus more on modelling, cosplay, and Twitch livestreaming, but The Know still continues without her. In early 2017, Mica Burton joined the division after leaving Achievement Hunter, replacing Meg.
The Know originated from Rooster Teeth's RT News show on their main channel before switching to its current channel. It joined YouTube on March 5, 2014, debuted on June 1, 2014. Joey Aranda left Rooster Teeth on September 22, 2014 but The Know still continues without him. Funhaus joined The Know on February 10, 2015. Kdin Jenzen joined The Know on March 21, 2016.
In October 2017, Variety announced Eric Vespe would join The Know as Senior Writer responsible for original reporting, interviews and developing new shows around entertainment. Vespe had previously worked at Ain't It Cool News for 20 years.
On February 14, 2019, Inside Gaming, a former Machninima channel, hosted by the Funhaus team, took over production on, rebranded and repurposed The Know channel. As a result, The Know's YouTube channel was re-branded to the new Rooster Teeth-owned Inside Gaming 2.0 to better match the channel's main content. The O.G. Know section of the Rooster Teeth website was turned into an archive for the Know's old content.
Series[edit | edit source]
The Know was home to multiple news and podcast shows including:
- The Patch: Rooster Teeth's gaming podcast
- Game Club: a podcast on the discussion of a different game each week
- Screen Play: their film and TV podcast
- Coming Soon: a monthly series on the upcoming games for the month
- Leaderboard: the latest news in Esports
- The Know It All: a weekly recap, posted on to the main Rooster Teeth channel, on all the posted events on The Know channel.
Former staff[edit | edit source]
- Jon Risinger (Recurring anchor)
- Brian Gaar
- Kdin Jenzen
- Aaron Porter
- Adam Ellis
- Nick Cramer
- Ben Ernst
- Patrick Salazar
- Joey Aranda
- Meg Turney
- Mica Burton
- Funhaus Team (Adam Kovic, Bruce Greene, Lawrence Sonntag)
- Eddy Rivas
- Ryan Haywood
- Justin Pack
- Ashley Jenkins (main anchor, and main head)
- Eric Vespe
- Gus Sorola (secondary, recurring co-anchor)
- Burnie Burns
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
A former Rooster Teeth channel, a predecessor of Inside Gaming.
|Rooster Teeth Productions|
|Rooster Teeth shows in production|