Extra Life is a fundraising event that raises money for hospitals within the Children's Miracle Network. It operates by encouraging people to host a 24 hour stream and ask their viewers to donate through their page on the Extra Life website. The money is then given to a Children's Miracle Network Hospital of the individuals/groups choosing. The organization has raised over $50 million dollars since 2008. 
Rooster Teeth held its first Extra Life stream in 2010, and has held them annually since 2013. Rooster Teeth has raised over $5 million dollars, all of which has gone to the Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas.
The 24 hour streams traditionally occur on the second weekend of November, and are available on both the Rooster Teeth YouTube channel and the main website. They are hosted by Jack Pattillo, Caiti Ward, and Chad James. The stream is comprised of various blocks of programming orchestrated by various members of the company. Some recurring segments include Team Nice Dynamite, Animation Breakfast Club, 2Spooky, Whose Spot Is It Anyway?, Funhaus, Chad's Game Show of Death, and Achievement Hunter.
Viewers are encouraged to donate throughout the stream, and by donating $1337 (or higher) they trigger a special noise and camera effect, as well as forcing the participants of the segment to spin the Wheel of Vengeance (formally Wheel of Destiny) and do whatever action is landed on. There are raffles that can be entered by donating a set amount, as well as exclusive merchandise that is only available during the stream.
The funds from Extra Life went towards the creation of a mental health unit at Dell Children's. The Rooster Teeth Healing Garden, a section of this unit dedicated to the company, was unveiled on May 21, 2018. 
|2010||$15 thousand |
|2013||$185 thousand |
|2014||$442 thousand |
|2015||$569 thousand |
|2016||$895 thousand |
|2017||$1.2 million |
|2018||$1.4 million |
|2019||$1.2 million |
- ↑ https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1306
- ↑ https://dellchildrens.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/rooster-teeth-healing-garden-at-dell-childrens/
- ↑ https://podtail.com/podcast/rooster-teeth-podcast/rooster-teeth-podcast-84/
- ↑ https://www.tubefilter.com/2013/11/04/extra-life-charity-gamers-rooster-teeth/
- ↑ https://www.tubefilter.com/2014/10/27/rooster-teeth-extra-life-levar-burton-book-readings/
- ↑ https://shortyawards.com/1st-socialgood/rt-extra-life
- ↑ https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/screens/2016-11-13/rooster-teeth-raised-how-much/
- ↑ https://childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/rooster-teeth-extra-life-single-extra-life-team-raised-1-2-million/
- ↑ https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/screens/2018-11-13/rooster-teeth-raises-1-4-million-for-charity/
- ↑ https://www.kxan.com/news/rooster-teeth-raised-over-1-2-million-to-help-austin-children-in-need/