Bruce Paul Greene IV (born August 12, 1981) is an American actor (for live action), voice actor (for animated cartoons), on-camera host (for shows and podcasts), content creator, content producer, reviewer, gaming journalist as well as an Internet and YouTube personality, who is best known for his work on the Funhaus and The Know division of Rooster Teeth in addition to formerly co-hosting and working on Machinima Inc's Inside Gaming division with Adam Kovic, where he co-hosts and participates in video gameplays, podcasts, fan Q&As, live action skits, animated cartoons, in addition to reviewing and previewing video games, video game technology products, eSports news, movies and TV shows of varying genres in a retrospective and comedic manner.
Having worked extensively with Machinima (Inside Gaming and ETC) and Rooster Teeth (Funhaus, The Know), Bruce is also known for his work and contributions to live action and animated cartoons, such as Creepy Text Theatre Animated (2015), Inside Gaming Animated (2014), Million Dollars, But... The Eleven Little Roosters (2017), Sex Swing, Rooster Teeth Shorts, Red vs. Blue, Arby 'n' the Chief (TV Series) and more.
Bruce is known for his humping, farting, and laughing at Funhaus. His main role, though, is to collaborate with and annoy Adam as he plays through and suffered from terrible games, all in the name of entertainment.
He presently serves as the general manager, co-host, content producer and co-star of the YouTube channel and gaming group called Funhaus, a division of Rooster Teeth as early as February 2015 after previously being a part of Inside Gaming and Machinima. Before fame, he was a DJ at the radio station in Santa Barbara, having started his early career in the radio industry (as a radio host, DJ). He later worked as an associate segment producer for Attack of the Show and reviewed technology products. In addition to this, he studied Computer Science at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Bruce is perhaps the wackiest member of the Funhaus gang. His most known trademark is his distinctive beard and wheezing laugh. It is said that Bruce has never ever shaved his body once. This assumption is supported by the fact that he has some royal chest and body hair, which can be seen in the latest strip video from him here. Also it's a fact that Bruce is "shredded as hell" as many people like to say, although he's hiding his muscles most of the time because he doesn't want Adam to become jealous.
“Born in the small town of Los Angeles, Bruce always wanted to become the world’s greatest unicyclist At the tender age of 4, he was performing the fabled “double puckle chuck” when he fell, hit his head, and went into a coma. Fourteen years later, he woke up on the radio as a DJ in Santa Barbara with no knowledge of how he got there. As time passed, he learned to live and love again, and he was mentored by a jolly old fat man who showed him the 1′s and 0′s of life. As he was walking down the aisle at his college graduation, he grabbed the computer science diploma from his mentor and shook his hand, asking what was next. He whispered, “Half-life 3,” and Bruce never saw him again. Then Bruce worked on Attack of the Show at G4 and reviewed tech products for years. The end.” — Bruce's Bio...According to InsideGaming.com
Early life and educationEdit
Bruce grew up primarily in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, California where he attended elementary and secondary school. During his youth and childhood, Bruce aspired to become the world's greatest unicyclist. At the age of 4, in 1985, he fell, hit his head, and went into a coma after being severely injured. He was hospitalized following this injury and fortunately recovered.
Following this incident and for his education, he attended high school at Dos Pueblos High School in Goleta, California in 1995, graduating four years later. Fourteen years after the unicycle incident and after graduating from high school in 1999, he attended the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) in Santa Barbara, California where he primarily studied, and later received a degree Computer Science, graduating in the Class of 2004.
Radio career: 2002-2006 Edit
After graduating from university at UCSB with a degree in Computer Science, Bruce first worked as a radio host at a radio station called KROQ (KROQ-FM) based in the Greater Los Angeles Area from March 2006 until December 2010. He also worked as a DJ (disc jockey) at a radio station in Santa Barbara, California called KJEE. Additionally, Bruce worked as a Production Assistant on Aol Games from March 2006 until March 2007.
Following his stint as a DJ, Bruce became employed and then later worked on the television show, Attack of the Show (TV Series) on, and the now defunct cable channel G4 where he was primarily working as a segment producer. He worked on four episodes from October 13, 2008 until October 16, 2008. At G4 Bruce produced such segments as Gaming with the Troops and MMA Chokehold. He also produced technology segments for G4 which he describes as "gadget porn" and reviewed technology products for several years.
Bruce described what he did on the show as: "I produce Gadget porn, as well as Gaming with the Troops and MMA Chokehold (all segments on the show)." While in college Bruce made a video of his friends butthole farting.
As a Segment Producer G4 Media from September 2007 until May 2011, Bruce's job duties were the following:
- Produced such segments such as Gaming with the Troops and MMA Chokehold. *Joined a team of behind the scenes/camera crew members personnel that produces G4 Media's TV Series “Attack of the Show!” (AOTS), a daily live entertainment talk/variety show covering men's interests, lifestyle, pop/internet culture, tech & gadgets, movies, TV, etc. Also produced technology segments for G4 describes as "gadget porn" and reviewed technology products for several years.
- Produced news segments in the daily live show.
- Wrote and edited scripts, coordinate all creative elements.
- Ensure the on-air talent is properly briefed on all materials for segments.
- Produced guest interviews for topical news segments and the topical “monologue” segment of the show
- Coordinated all creative elements that support the script.
- Oversaw the monologue production team including edits & footage clearances as necessary.
- Ensured the on-air talent is properly briefed on all materials for segments. *Wrote, produced, and supervised the editing of 2-4 minute content packages for the show, including comedy sketches, video game reviews, interviews, and event coverage.
- Pitched future segment content ideas, goals and suggestions for the show, which were developed into theme episodes, running comedy pieces, and other segments.
- Researched breaking video game news and developments topics, which could be turned into content for the show.
- Wrote and produced over 500 on-air segments for "Attack of the Show" on G4.
Bruce also worked at NBCUniversial, Inc as a Production Assistant. He also worked as a Segment Producer on Esquire Network based in Los Angeles from May 2007 to July 2011.
Machinima and Inside Gaming: 2011/12 - 2015 Edit
After being employed by Machinima Inc, he joined joined Adam Kovic and James Willems during the relaunch of Inside Halo as Inside Gaming by Adam. Bruce served as a co-host, content producer, co-star and editor, specilizing in video gameplays, podcasts, fan Q&As, video gaming news segments, in addition to reviewing video games, movies, and television shows of varying genres in a retrospective and comedic manner. Bruce also served as a content producer of live action skits and voiced characters in animated cartoons. Alongside the hosts, producers and editors, Bruce created and hosted two daily news shows and scripted entertainment videos.
Bruce was also hosting a show at the time for Machinima called Wrecknology using the skill he learned at G4 what he called "gadget porn." He would review technology products for several years and then destroy it, as there are two notable episodes where Adam Kovic makes an appearance.
From January 18, 2008 until April 28, 2012, Bruce voiced Colin Hunt / Online Player #2 in 3 episodes of Arby 'n' the Chief (TV Series. On April 2, 2012, Bruce starred as himself along with Adam representing Machinima while competing against Nerdist in one episode of Chris Hardwick's All-Star Celebrity Bowling (TV Series). On November 6, 2014, Bruce co-starred as Ezio Auditore da Firenze in Assassin's Creed: The Musical (Short). From October 7, 2014 until January 28, 2015, Bruce voiced a cartoon character of himself in 10 episodes of Inside Gaming Animated (TV Series). From January 25, 2015 until February 22, 2015, Bruce voiced another cartoon character version of himself 9 episodes of Creepy Text Theatre Animated (TV Series)
Rooster Teeth (Funhaus, The Know): 2015-present Edit
In late January 2015, Greene and Kovic, along with James Willems, Lawrence Sonntag, Matt Peake, Joel Rubin and Sean "Spoole" Poole, departed from Machinima to form their own independent network, but later formed a partnership with Rooster Teeth, moving into their new LA offices and studios, rebranding themselves as "Funhaus" gaining 900k subscribers and 230M+ views in 12 months on the Funhaus channel. Greene, along with Kovic and Willems (and occasionally Lawrence Sonntag, Sean Poole, Joel Rubin and Matt Peake) played games that were typically retro or nostalgic in style. Bruce also co-hosted podcasts, fan Q&As, news segments for the daily news YouTube channel, The Know, in addition to review movies, television shows and video games. Along with the other hosts, he also hosted panels at conventions, acted in live action skits and voiced characters in animated cartoons.
On February 20, 2015, Bruce, along with Adam, James and Lawrence represented Funhaus at Rooster Teeth's first inaugural let's Play Live at ACL The moody Theatre in Austin, Texas. There, they played video games, sang, played musical instruments and performed comedy sketches in front of a live audience. Along with Adam, James and Lawrence, Bruce has reprised his role in many other Let's Play Live concerts such as in Los Angeles, California on June 17, 2016, Chicago, Illinois on August 19, New York City on October 8th as well as in newark, baltimore, Orlando and Tampa from April 24, to 30th, 2017.
From February 19, 2015 until July 7, 2016, Bruce co-hosted with Adam and James in 4 episodes Rooster Teeth's game show On the Spot (TV Series). On October 18, 2015, Bruce voiced Bully #1 in the series finale of X-Ray and Vav (TV Series).
On February 25, 2016, Bruce appeared in the live action sketch comedy Million Dollars, But... (TV Series). Then, from February 28, 2016 until February 24, 2017, Bruce co-hosted in AH's Off Topic podcast (TV Series). In mid April 2016, Bruce became the new general manager of Funhaus after Joel Rubin amicably resigned to work at SourceFed and SourceFedNERD.
On December 31, 2016, Bruce appeared in Civilization: The Movie. From January 16 till March 6, 2017, Bruce made another breakout return to live action by playing Brüce, a fictionalized German version of himself in 6 episodes of The Eleven Little Roosters (TV Mini-Series). As of April 4, 2017, Bruce has co-starred as himself in several episodes of Steven Suptic's YouTube live action webseries Sugar Pine 7 (TV Series short)
Role at Machinima's Inside Gaming Edit
Bruce was the co-anchor of the Inside Gaming Daily news show, with Adam. Bruce was often the one who puts forward the unpopular/negative opinion on games. Bruce was also known for his humping of Adam on Wednesdays on the news show. As of now the show is currently unknown, if the same traditional way of their Gaming Daily is going to continue, we hope that we can enjoy more Bruce Humps.
Role at FunhausEdit
As of June 22, 2018, Bruce serves as the general manager of Funhaus.
He started doing parodies of songs for a few weeks at the beginning of Demo Disk. Some songs include Uptown Funk (Uptown Disk), Say it Ain't So (Say it Ain't Disk), Hotline Bling (Demo Bling), and many, many more. Joel will usually sing back-up while Lawrence and Sean dance, sometimes seductively, all while James and Adam suffer for three or four minutes. He announced that he would stop making parodies on a Demo Disk published on January 11, 2016.
Family life Edit
Greene was born and raised in Los Angeles County, California where he presently resides, but lived in Goleta and Santa Barbara for his high school and university education. His surname "Greene" derives from old English Grene meaning village green. As of October 28, 2017, he is dating Autumn Farrell of Sugar Pine 7, after previously dating and amicably breaking up with Bethany Feinstein. He was roommates with fellow Funhaus member Matt Peake.
- Bruce loves all things Mexican, particularly the restaurant chain, Chipotle.
- Bruce's favorite season is summer.
- Bruce addressed his farting with the fact that he had a surgery and had to take antibiotics which altered his digestive system, making him unable to burp and only can fart.
- Adding to this fact, Bruce states that he refused to fart in front of his ex-girlfriend, Bethany.
- Bruce is a direct descendant of Pocahontas.
- Bruce made a video called "Bath time with lil Bruce", he wears a diaper and bathes himself in the video.
- Bruce Greene has two apps about him featured on the Google Play Store, "Brucie Bird" and "Pocket Bruce!"
- Bruce was one of the lead singers (Alongside with Adam Kovic) in a song named 'We love video games' (Which was created by the people behind 'Thanksgiving' and 'Chinese Food').
- He has appeared on the TV show 'Attack of the Show'.
- He was childhood friends with Funhaus editor Adam "Bones" Brouillard.
- On-air radio DJ and voice-overs for 4+ years at the highest rated alternative station in the country (92.9 KJEE FM Santa Barbara, Montecito)
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dos_Pueblos_High_School#Notable_alumni
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://www.facebook.com/Brucegreene/about?lst=100008224415072%3A1065193583%3A1487530252§ion=education&pnref=about
- ↑ http://www.geekbomb.net/geeks-unleashed-bruce-greene/
- ↑ Wrecknology playlist
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/funhaus/comments/754cag/where_did_bensons_name_come_from/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_rufhaus/status/924507124591247362?lang=en
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/SugarPine7/comments/79f01q/bruce_and_autumn/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/SugarPine7/comments/7b6zms/this_is_a_joke_right/dpfxheu/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/GirlsMirin/comments/7buvg5/autumn_farrell_and_bruce_greene_from_sugar_pine_7/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/SugarPine7/comments/7cj985/autumn_bruce_looking_adorable_from_bruces_ig/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/brucegreene/status/261903299517755393